Date Discovered September 8, 2015
Description Microsoft Windows is prone to a local security-bypass vulnerability.
A local attacker can leverage this issue to bypass certain security restrictions and perform unauthorized actions.
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Client Registration Server 6.0
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Client Registration Server 6.2
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Recording Server 6.0
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Recording Server 6.2
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Streaming Server 6.0
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Streaming Server 6.2
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Web Conferencing Server 6.0
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Web Conferencing Server 6.2
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Webportal 6.0
- Avaya Meeting Exchange - Webportal 6.2
- Microsoft Windows 10 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 for 64-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows RT 8.1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells. Allow only trusted individuals to have user accounts and local access to the resources.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.
Credits Matt Tait of Google Project Zero
Copyright © Symantec Corporation.
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from email@example.com
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and firstname.lastname@example.org
are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.