Date Discovered June 13, 2017
Description Microsoft Windows is prone to a local privilege-escalation vulnerability.
A local attacker can exploit this issue to gain elevated privileges.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1511 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 for x64-based Systems SP1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 for x64-based Systems SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker requires local access to an affected computer. Grant local access for trusted and accountable users only.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.
Copyright © Symantec Corporation.
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from firstname.lastname@example.org
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and email@example.com
are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.