Virus definitions dated February 12, 2001, or later will detect this worm. To remove VBS.SST@mm:
- Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and run a full system scan, making sure that NAV is set to scan all files.
- If any files are detected as infected by VBS.SST@mm, click Delete
- (Optional -- This is not necessary for the function of your system.) Delete the registry key that was added by the worm.
CAUTION: We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified. Please see the document How to back up the Windows registry before proceeding.
- Click Start, and click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- Type regedit and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
- Navigate to and delete the following key:
- Exit the Registry Editor.