- April 18, 2002
- February 13, 2007 11:39:56 AM
Also Known As:
- Exploit-Mime.gen [McAfee], Exploit/iFrame [Panda]
- Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows XP
IFrame.Exploit is a detection for threats that exploits a known Internet Explorer vulnerability. This vulnerability allows an individual to send you email that has an attachment containing malicious code; the author of the threat can enable the attachment to automatically run when you receive it.
Information and a patch for this exploit can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-020.asp
According to Microsoft:
- This vulnerability affects Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 and Internet Explorer 5.5.
- This vulnerability does not affect Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 2.
- This vulnerability does not affect Internet Explorer 6.0 if you run Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.
- If you ran Windows 95/98/Me and upgraded to Internet Explorer 6.0, select either the Full Install or Typical Install option when you install 6.0. If you choose Minimal Install or Custom Install, the files containing the vulnerability may not be upgraded.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version April 19, 2002
Latest Rapid Release version August 26, 2016 revision 023
Initial Daily Certified version April 19, 2002
Latest Daily Certified version August 9, 2016 revision 001
Initial Weekly Certified release date April 24, 2002
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Douglas Knowles