W32.HLLW.Gaobot is a worm that copies itself as %system%\Sysldr32.exe.
It then connects to an IRC server and listens for commands. By default, the worm will connect on ports 6,667 and 9,900. Some of the commands that it supports include commands to spread itself, using popular file sharing programs such as Kazaa, Bearshare, and Grokster. It shares itself as some of the following file names:
- Kylie Minogue is very horny atm - XXX.exe
- Cameron Diaz's webcam - cracked access - no cost - XXX.exe
- Hoyle Card Games 2003 crack (all versions).exe
- Warcraft 3 - Cable Modem Playfix.exe
- Delta Force Black Hawk Down - Item Hack.exe
The worm also attempts to spread to all computers on the network, using a utility that connects to a remote computer on port 445, it copies the Woinggg.exe file across the network, and then executes it.
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.