- May 8, 2003
- February 13, 2007 12:01:11 PM
Also Known As:
- W32/Fizzer@MM [McAfee], Win32.Fizzer [CA], W32/Fizzer-A [Sophos], WORM_FIZZER.A [Trend], Fizzer [F-Secure], Win32/Fizzer.A@mm [RAV], I-Worm.Fizzer [KAV]
- Is a mass-mailing worm that sends itself to all the contacts in the Windows Address Book.
- Contains a backdoor capability that uses mIRC to communicate with a remote attacker.
- Also contains a keylogger and attempts to spread through the KaZaA file-sharing network.
- Attempts to terminate the processes of various antivirus programs if they are found to be active.
Virus definitions dated May 9, 2003 were posted as LiveUpdate definitions on May 12, 2003 in response to the upgrade.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version May 9, 2003
Latest Rapid Release version November 16, 2017 revision 050
Initial Daily Certified version May 9, 2003
Latest Daily Certified version November 17, 2017 revision 001
Initial Weekly Certified release date May 9, 2003
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Yana Liu