W32.Yaha.AA@mm is a variant of the W32.Yaha.T@mm
worm that does the following:
- Terminates some antivirus and firewall processes.
- Uses its own SMTP engine to email itself to all the contacts in the Windows Address Book, MSN Messenger, .NET Messenger, Yahoo Pager, ICQ Pager, as well as in all the files whose extensions contain the letters HT.
- Installs a keylogger and emails the logs to its author.
- Contains a destructive payload that may be triggered if the system time zone is GMT+5.
- Performs Denial of Service (DoS) attack to some specified and random hosts on ports 80, 135, 139, and 445.
The email message has a randomly chosen subject line, message, and attachment name. The attachment will have a .com, .exe, .scr, or .zip file extension.
This threat is written in the Microsoft Visual C++ programming language and is compressed with Aspack.
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.