The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
1. Updating the definitions
- Update the virus definitions.
- Delete the key that was added to the registry.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Adware.Dynamic.
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. Deleting the key from the registry
Symantec strongly recommends that you back up the registry before making any changes to it. Incorrect changes to the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Modify the specified keys only. Read the document, "How to make a backup of the Windows registry
," for instructions.
3. Scanning for and deleting the infected files
- Click Start, and then click Run. (The Run dialog box appears.)
- Type regedit
and then click OK. (The Registry Editor opens.)
- Navigate to and delete the key:
- Exit the Registry Editor.
- Start Norton AntiVirus and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files. For more information, read the document, "How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files."
- Run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as infected with Adware.Dynamic, click Delete.