The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Close all open browser windows
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Adware.FastSeek.
For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.
1. Updating the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. Closing all open browser windows
Since Adware.FastSeek functions as a Microsoft Internet Explorer plugin, it is necessary to close all the open browser windows to remove it. If you are reading this writeup in Internet Explorer, print this writeup using our printer-friendly option at the top of the page, or write down the following instructions, and then close all the open browser windows.
3. Scanning for and deleting the files
- Start your Symantec antivirus program and run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Adware.FastSeek, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file name. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.