The W32.Mydoom.H@mm worm:
- Is a mass-mailing worm that opens a backdoor on TCP ports 80 and 1080.
- Can download and execute arbitrary files.
- Performs a Denial of Service (DoS) against www.symantec.com.
The worm arrives as an attachment with the file extension .bat, .com, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip. The From:
line of the email may be spoofed.
- Symantec Consumer products that support Worm Blocking functionality automatically detect this threat as it attempts to spread.
- Virus definitions version 60302u (extended version 03/02/2004 rev 21) detect this threat as W32.Mydoom.G@mm.
- W32.Mydoom.H@mm has an MD5 hash value of 0X47CC271E765E6CDF0562E692CE805B35.
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.