- March 19, 2004
- February 13, 2007 12:19:38 PM
Also Known As:
- W32.HLLW.Polybot, Phatbot, W32/Polybot.l!irc [McAfee], WORM_AGOBOT.HM [Trend], Backdoor.Agobot.hm [Kaspersky]
- Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
W32.Gaobot.gen!poly is a worm that attempts to spread through network shares with weak passwords. It also allows attackers to access an infected computer using a predetermined IRC channel.
The worm uses multiple vulnerabilities to spread, including:
- Virus Definitions released before March 24, 2004 detect this threat as W32.HLLW.Polybot.
- Virus Definitions released after February 27, 2004 and before March 19, 2004 detect this threat as W32.HLLW.Gaobot.gen.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version March 19, 2004
Latest Rapid Release version August 8, 2016 revision 023
Initial Daily Certified version March 19, 2004
Latest Daily Certified version August 9, 2016 revision 001
Initial Weekly Certified release date March 24, 2004
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Asuka Yamamoto