The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Restart the computer, run a full system scan, and delete all the files detected as Joke.Aprool.
For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.
1. To update the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. To restart the computer, and scan for and delete the files
- Restart the computer.
- Start your Symantec antivirus program, and then run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Joke.Aprool, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file name. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.