- April 19, 2004
- February 13, 2007 12:21:35 PM
Also Known As:
- I-Worm.Zafi [Kaspersky], W32/Zafi@MM [McAfee], W32/Zafi-A [Sophos], WORM_ZAFI.A [Trend], Win32.Zafi.A [Computer Associa
- Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
W32.Erkez.A@mm is a mass-mailing worm that sends itself to the email addresses found on an infected computer.
- The worm has an MD5 value of 0X3D18BAED7648F91B8528CD4AB57931A4.
- Symantec Consumer products that support the Worm Blocking functionality automatically detect this threat as it attempts to spread.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version April 19, 2004
Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
Initial Daily Certified version April 19, 2004
Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
Initial Weekly Certified release date April 19, 2004
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Paul Mangan