- April 20, 2004
- February 13, 2007 12:21:39 PM
Also Known As:
- WORM_MIMAIL.V [Trend], W32/Mimail-V [Sophos], JS.Mimail.V [Computer Associat
W32.Opasa@mm is a mass-mailing worm that:
- Sends itself to the email addresses that it finds on an infected computer
- Terminates processes and services, including various security programs
- Attempts to connect to various IRC servers to wait for additional commands from an attacker.
The email contains a .zip attachment, and the Subject line varies.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version April 20, 2004
Latest Rapid Release version August 8, 2016 revision 023
Initial Daily Certified version April 20, 2004
Latest Daily Certified version August 9, 2016 revision 001
Initial Weekly Certified release date April 20, 2004
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Robert X Wang