The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Adware.LookNSearch.
- Delete the value that was added to the registry.
For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.
1. To update the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. To scan for and delete the files
3. To delete the value from the registry
- Start your Symantec antivirus program, and then run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Adware.LookNSearch, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file name. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.
Symantec strongly recommends that you back up the registry before making any changes to it. Incorrect changes to the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Modify the specified keys only. Read the document, "How to make a backup of the Windows registry
," for instructions.
- Click Start, and then click Run. (The Run dialog box appears.)
- Type regedit
Then click OK. (The Registry Editor opens.)
- Navigate to the key:
- In the right pane, delete the value:
- Exit the Registry Editor.