The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Unregister the syslibie.dll file.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Adware.Syslibie.
For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.
1. To update the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. To unregister the Syslibie.dll file
3. To scan for and delete the files
- Click Start > Run. (The Run dialog box appears.)
- Type, or copy and paste, the following text:
regsvr32 /u syslibie.dll
then click OK.
If a dialog box confirming this action appears, click OK.
- Start your Symantec antivirus program, and then run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Adware.Syslibie, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file name. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.