- February 11, 2005
- February 13, 2007 12:33:20 PM
Also Known As:
- Win32.Aimdes.A [Computer Assoc, IM-Worm.Win32.Aimes.a [Kaspers, W32/AimDes.worm [McAfee], W32/Aimdes-A [Sophos], WORM_AIMDES.A [Trend Micro]
W32.Aimdes.A@mm is a simple worm that propagates via AOL Instant Messenger and email.
Re-enabling registry access
If registry access has been disabled, do the following:
- Download the file "UnhookExec.inf" from the Symantec website at http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/tool.to.reset.shellopencommand.registry.keys.html.
- Browse to the location to where the file was downloaded.
- Right click on the file and select "Install".
- Follow the steps in Section 5 of the removal instructions titled, "To delete the values from the registry."
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version February 11, 2005
Latest Rapid Release version August 8, 2016 revision 023
Initial Daily Certified version February 11, 2005
Latest Daily Certified version August 9, 2016 revision 001
Initial Weekly Certified release date February 16, 2005
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Paul Mangan