Removal using the Symantec Mobile Threats Removal Tool
Symantec Security Response has developed a removal tool
to clean the infections of SymbOS.Commwarrior.A. Use this removal tool first, as it is the easiest way to remove this threat.
To remove SymbOS.Commwarrior.A:
- Install a file manager program on the phone.
- Enable the option to view the files in the system directory.
- Search the drives, A through Y, for the \system\apps\commwarrior directory.
- Delete the files commwarrior.exe and commrec.mdl.
- Go to the \system\updates\commwarrior directory.
- Delete the files commwarrior.exe, commrec.mdl, and commw.sis.
- Go to the \system\recogs directory.
- Delete the file commrec.mdl.