- April 4, 2005
- February 13, 2007 12:36:20 PM
Also Known As:
- Mabir.A [F-Secure], SYMBOS_MABIR.A [Trend Micro]
SymbOS.Mabir is a worm that propagates through Bluetooth and MMS. The worm runs on the Symbian OS, which is used as the operating system for Nokia Series 60 cellular telephones.
Symantec recommends the following to protect against this threat:
- If Bluetooth is not required, it should be turned off.
- If you require the use of Bluetooth, ensure that the device's visibility setting is set to "Hidden" so that it can not be scanned by other Bluetooth devices.
- Avoid use of device pairing. If it must be used, ensure that all paired devices are set to "Unauthorized". This requires each connection request to be authorized by the user.
- Do not accept unsigned applications (no digital signature) or applications sent from unknown sources. Be absolutely sure of the origin of the application before accepting it.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version April 4, 2005
Latest Rapid Release version August 20, 2008 revision 017
Initial Daily Certified version April 4, 2005
Latest Daily Certified version August 20, 2008 revision 016
Initial Weekly Certified release date April 5, 2005
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Eric Chien