- October 4, 2005
- February 13, 2007 12:45:07 PM
Also Known As:
- SYMBOS_FONTAL.E [Trend Micro]
- Trojan Horse
SymbOS.Fontal.C is a Trojan horse that affects Symbian series 60 phones and causes the compromised device to continuously restart.
Symantec recommends the following to protect against this threat:
- If Bluetooth is not required, it should be turned off.
- If you require the use of Bluetooth, ensure that the device's visibility setting is set to "Hidden" so that it can not be scanned by other Bluetooth devices.
- Avoid use of device pairing. If it must be used, ensure that all paired devices are set to "Unauthorized". This requires each connection request to be authorized by the user.
- Do not accept unsigned applications (no digital signature) or applications sent from unknown sources. Be absolutely sure of the origin of the application before accepting it.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version October 4, 2005
Latest Rapid Release version February 10, 2018 revision 020
Initial Daily Certified version October 4, 2005
Latest Daily Certified version February 11, 2018 revision 003
Initial Weekly Certified release date October 5, 2005
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Yana Liu