The program must be manually installed.
It creates random files on the computer. It then detects these files as false or exaggerated system security threats during a system scan.
The user is then prompted to pay for a full license of the application in order to remove the errors.Installation
When the program is executed, it creates the following folders:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\AntiSpyBoss
Next, it creates the following files:
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AntiSpyBoss.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\AntiSpyBoss.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\AntiSpyBoss\AntiSpyBoss.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\AntiSpyBoss\Uninstall AntiSpyBoss.lnk
The program may create temporary files in the following folder:
It also creates randomly named .exe and .dll files in the following folders:
- %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp
The files created in the above folders are detected by the program during a system scan. The files are not executable and are non-malicious.
Next, the program creates the following registry entry so that it executes whenever Windows starts:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"AntiSpyBoss" = "C:\Program Files\AntiSpyBoss\asb32.exe"
It also creates the following registry subkeys: