This program may be downloaded on to the computer by other threats. It may also be manually installed by clicking on certain Internet advertisements.
The program reports false or exaggerated system security threats on the computer.
The user is then prompted to pay for a full license of the application in order to remove the threats.Installation
When the program is executed, it creates the following files:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Antivirus.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Antivirus\Antivirus.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Antivirus\Uninstall.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Antivirus.lnk
It also creates the following registry subkeys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects