Android package file
The application arrives as the following application package:APK:
Centralized Solutions LLCMarketplace name:
Cellshark Mobile Spy Monitor Installation
The application must be manually installed.
The application will create an entry with an icon depicting a folder and a cog wheel, in the Settings > Applications > Manage Applications menu.
However, this icon will not appear in the standard Applications menu.Permissions
When the application is being installed, it requests permissions to perform the following actions:
- Check the phone's current state.
- Read SMS messages on the device.
- Monitor incoming SMS messages.
- Read MMS messages on the device.
- Monitor incoming MMS messages.
- Open network connections.
- Access information about networks.
- Access location information, such as GPS information, Cell-ID, or WiFi.
- Read contact data.
- Delete packages.
- Prevent processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- Read or write to the system settings.
The application will then periodically upload the following information to a predetermined website:
- Phone call records
- Text messages
- GPS coordinates
An attacker can later log into the website and access the gathered information.