- September 13, 2013
- September 1, 2016 8:56:58 AM
Also Known As:
- Trojan.Ransomcrypt!g3 [Symantec]
- Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Ransom.Cryptolock!g1 is a heuristic detection used to detect threats associated with the Ransom.Cryptolocker
family of threats.
For more information, please see the following resource:
- Definitions prior to September, 2016 may detect this threat as Trojan.Cryptolocker!g1.
- Virus definitions dated November 13, 2013 or earlier may detect this threat as Trojan.Ransomcrypt!g3.
Cryptolocker: A Thriving Menace
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version pending
Latest Rapid Release version August 31, 2016 revision 021
Initial Daily Certified version pending
Latest Daily Certified version September 1, 2016 revision 001
Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.