- March 2, 2015 2:17:10 PM
- Potentially Unwanted App
Android.FindAndCall is a Potentially Unwanted Application for Android devices that may leak information.
Android package file
The Trojan may arrive as a package with the following characteristics:
When the Trojan is being installed, it requests permissions to perform the following actions:
- Access location information, such as GPS information.
- Open network connections.
- Access location information, such as Cell-ID or WiFi.
- Initiate a phone call without using the Phone UI or requiring confirmation from the user.
- Check the phone's current state.
- Write to external storage devices.
- Read user's contacts data.
- Read SMS messages on the device.
Once installed, the application will display an icon with a white outline of a phone against a pink background.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version April 9, 2013 revision 005
Latest Rapid Release version June 12, 2015 revision 022
Initial Daily Certified version April 9, 2013
Latest Daily Certified version June 13, 2015 revision 001
Initial Weekly Certified release date April 10, 2013
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Mario Ballano