This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has important knowledge and skills in four major areas: 1) Product Overview & Architecture; 2) Installation & Configuration; 3) Management & Reporting; and, 4) Basic Troubleshooting.
To achieve this level of certification, candidates must pass the technical exam and accept the Symantec Certification Agreement.
# of Questions: 70 - 80
Exam Duration: 90 minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Exam Price: $225 (or your country's currency equivalent)
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam (PDF)
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Recommended minimum 6 - 12 months working with Symantec Management Platform and Altiris Client Management Suite.
Hands-on Experience (Real World or Virtual):
- Deploy software packages to systems or virtual layers
- Configure the Software Catalog
- Install the Altiris Client Management Suite 7.1 components
- Use tasks and policies to deploy applications, endpoint operating systems, and personalities
- Configure the Software Portal to deliver applications
- Download, stage, and deploy software updates
- Inventory managed computers
- Support, manage, and configure managed computers remotely
- View and use reports to assist with managing computers
- Manage and configure CMS 7.1 including plug-ins and policies
- Use Maintenance windows to schedule tasks and policies
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Image Macintosh/Linux computers with Deployment Solution
- Gather custom inventory
- Create custom reports
- Create personality templates
- Create SVS layers
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Use advanced deployment technologies
- Use Out-of-Band Management
Familiarity with the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server administration and maintenance
- Microsoft Windows Desktop administration
- Microsoft network administration and maintenance
- Microsoft SQL database administration and maintenance
- Microsoft Active Directory administration and maintenance
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Linux, Unix, and Macintosh Operating Systems
Familiarity with product documentation:
Altiris Client Management Suite 7.1 User Guide
Patch Management Solution
Software Management Solution
Real-Time System Manager
Out of Band Management
Find available classes for:
- Install, Configure, & Deploy + Manage & Administer Courses
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the SCS exam. If you have experience with this product, you may find an online course equivalent to be sufficient. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Register now to become Symantec Certified | Click here to view the step-by-step registration instructions.