Symantec Certification Program is a valuable investment for the IT manager and employer. Those certified demonstrate the highest levels of technical competency, productivity and gain industry recognition.
Get Serious! Get Certified!
Each certification exam is a computer-based examination that gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your mastery of critical skills sets against published exam objectives. Qualified proctors through independent test centers, on Symantec's behalf, administer the certification exams. Each exam has a predefined time allowed. Please confirm timing allotted when registering for your exam. All exams are closed book, which means you may not have any printed material, computers or calculators with you during the exam. Upon completion of your exam you will receive immediate, provisional, on screen feedback on your scoring.
Learn about SCS question types.
The fee for a standard released Certification exam is $225 USD (or the country currency equivalent).
Symantec reserves the right to change exam fees at any time. Always check the delivery vendor’s website to verify exams costs, schedules, and locations.
NOTE: Pearson VUE does not accept credit card payments in the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Lebanon, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, and Uganda
- Candidates in these countries may arrange for payment directly with the Test Center where they plan to test or purchase a voucher and pay by bank transfer.
- Since Pearson delivers Symantec exams via the third party channel, each Test Center establishes their own guidelines surrounding the payment methods they will accept. Most centers in these countries are prepared to assist these candidates to overcome this restriction.
All Symantec certification exams are available exclusively at Pearson VUE Testing Centers worldwide. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management and is widely known as a leading provider of global computer-based testing solutions for information technology, academic, government, and professional testing programs. They deliver exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 175 countries. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson (NYSE: PSO; LSE: PSON), the international education and information company.
To become Symantec certified, candidates must pass exam(s) available through Pearson VUE testing centers. To assist in preparation for the certification exams, candidates are strongly encouraged to attend training course(s) available through Symantec, in addition to meeting any necessary prerequisites, on-the-job experience, and study. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam. See the Symantec Certification Exam Preparation information.
The certification exams are administered through Pearson VUE Worldwide Test Centers. Candidates are required to obtain a "Symantec CertTracker / Login and Password (ID)" in order to register for any exams.
Notes About Registration:
- Candidates must know their CertTracker login credentials to register for a Pearson VUE exam.
- 24-48 hour advance registration is required to sign up for a Pearson VUE exam; No same day or next day walk-in test center registration will be allowed.
- If you are an “Existing User” and have already participated in a Symantec Certification or Accreditation exam, you have a Symantec CertTracker account ID. Click here to access Symantec’s CertTracker. If you need assistance logging into your account, select the “Account Recovery” link from the CertTracker login page if you have forgotten your CertTracker login credentials and follow the instructions provided. If you need further assistance, please contact Global_Exams@Symantec.com with your existing CertTracker login credentials.
- If you are a “New User” and have never attempted a Symantec Certification or Accreditation exam, you must create a new Symantec CertTracker account in order to register for an exam at Pearson VUE. Click here for instructions on how new users can create a new CertTracker account. The “Account Activation” notice will include a link and detailed instructions on how to access the site. Contact Global_Exams@Symantec.com for assistance.
- Your name must exactly match what is listed in Symantec CertTracker and your identification that is presented at a Pearson VUE test center or you will be unable to take an exam and forfeit your exam fee. Candidate name and company name changes can only be made by submitting a CertTracker Incident or emailing Global_Exams@Symantec.com; please allow 24-48 hours for CertTracker updates to reflect in all systems.
- Click here to see the step-by-step registration instructions.
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive the Symantec Certificate and access to the Symantec Certified logo to use on your business cards. You will also gain:
- Instant credibility and market recognition—Skills verified by Symantec put you in an elite group of experts who are uniquely equipped with the abilities required to implement and manage Symantec solutions
- Greater potential for career advancement—Distinguishing yourself with a Symantec Certification increases your opportunities for advancement