The sensitive information stored in and transmitted by mobile apps is only secure if all security precautions are in place – those built into the device and apps, plus those in the networks the device connects to. If any compromise exists, the data presented on the device or sent to a remote server may be viewed, stolen or manipulated for malicious purposes. The SEP Mobile Threat Defense solution is an excellent predictor and detector of any of these risky situations, and now any business app can leverage this world-class threat intelligence to protect itself and its data.
SEP Mobile’s integrated solution, designed for B2B use cases, leverages a Micro SDK to provide maximum protection for multiple apps with a miniscule footprint. The Micro SDK is a very small piece of code that may be added to any business app. The Mobile Security SDK communicates with the Skycure app on the same device to determine whether the device has been compromised or is secure.
SEP Mobile’s embedded solution, designed for B2C use cases, provides stand-alone protection for individual apps, without the additional requirement of having the SEP Mobile app installed. App developers can use the risk information to toggle the behavior of the app, limiting the display or communication of sensitive data when SEP Mobile says the device or its environment can’t be trusted.
Integrated SDK B2B Use Cases
- Micro SDK communicates with the SEP Mobile app
- Great for multiple business apps
- Apps check with SEP mobile to determine if the device is safe for normal functioning
- Apps self-protect when the device is risky
Embedded SDK B2C Use Cases
- Fully embedded SDK for independent app security
- Great for consumer apps
- App determines if the device is safe for normal functioning
- App self-protects when the device is risk
With Threat Connectors, SEP Mobile’s world-renowned threat intelligence is now available to all of your business apps with the following benefits:
- World-renowned threat intelligence for each business app
- Protection for multiple apps without increasing the footprint
- No need to repackage apps every time SEP Mobile updates
- Optimal and appropriate threat responses taken by each app
How Does It Work?
Device is Compliant – When the device is in compliance with company policy, the third-party app operates normally, and will automatically return to this state after the device returns to compliance.
Device is Noncompliant – When the device is out of compliance with company policy, the third-party app automatically protects sensitive information on the device and avoids communicating data or credentials.
Display local data only, and disable transactions and authentication with the server
Disable logging into the server and replace data display with a friendly message
Blank the screen, log out of the service and disable the interface